Comedian and emcee, Derrick Kobina Bonney (DBK) has taken a swipe at DSTV for constantly showing music videos from Nigeria at the expense of Ghana.
DKB in a tweet registered his displeasure at the television network and questioned when a stop will be put to this form of discrimination.
It will be recalled that founder of The Last Two Music Group, Edward Nana Poku, popularly known as Da’ Hammer stated on Happy FM’s Showbiz Xtra that music in Ghana is becoming one-way because DSTV plays, majority are Nigerian.
“So obviously, whoever watches knows Nigerian music is trendy. It is forcing the other countries to play their music like the Nigerian music.
I’m citing DSTV because it is the only television station that crosses over all of Africa. If you check their playlist, it’s just about five artistes [who get their songs played] but the Nigerian music is constantly played.”
Read his tweets below;
- Ama Broni Dies from electric shock while Twerking [email protected]#d on Stage [Watch video]
- Video of men cutting themselves with cutlass without bleeding causes stir on social media
- Sad video of opposition leader Bobi Wine’s wife stripped [email protected]#d and beaten by Ugandan police ahead of election
- Sakawa boys fight hawkers at Kasoa toll booth for killing snake that crawled out of their Benz car [watch video]
- Singer runs for her life as manager asks her to sign contract in a shrine [watch video]