TV Personality and Forbes Correspondent, Peace Hyde, has been shortlisted as one of the adjudicators for Forbes Africa Person of the Year 2015 scheduled to take place in Nairobi in
The Judging panel also comprises Chris Bishop, Managing Editor of Forbes Africa, Methil Renuka, Editor of Forbes Woman, South African-based political commentator, Aubrey Matshiqi and Joseph Bonyo, Editorial Manager- East Africa for ABN.
Forbes Africa Person of the Year 2015 celebrates “the individual who, for better or worse, has had the most influence on events of the past year.” The selection process has been opened to the Public for one of the most highly anticipated events in Africa. Peace Hyde who recently joined the Forbes team as the Lead Correspondent for West Africa is also currently part of the largest mass media campaign targeted at educating young people and their sexual health, MTV SHUGA. According to the Managing Editor, Chris Bishop, “Forbes Africa Person of the Year 2015 is a prestigious award that draws the eyes of the world. What I love most about this award is that the winners use the status to carry out good work in Africa that improves lives.”
The Nominees for the 2015 person of the year are:
· NKOSAZANA DLAMINI-ZUMA – African Union Chairperson, working towards a united and strong Africa. She has pushed the cause of women and that of land rights in 2015.
· MUHAMMADU BUHARI – President of Nigeria, new broom launching a fight against corruption.
· CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE – Famed Nigerian author, weaving stories that present a true African picture to the World.
· ARUNMA OTEH – New Vice President and Treasurer of the World Bank, wants to lend power to the elbow of women in Africa.
· MOHAMMED DEWJI – Entrepreneur and philanthropist who spent the year strengthening MeTl Group, his family business employs tens of thousands of Africans and trades across the continent
- Ama Broni Dies from electric shock while Twerking [email protected]#d on Stage [Watch video]
- Video of men cutting themselves with cutlass without bleeding causes stir on social media
- Sad video of opposition leader Bobi Wine’s wife stripped [email protected]#d and beaten by Ugandan police ahead of election
- Sakawa boys fight hawkers at Kasoa toll booth for killing snake that crawled out of their Benz car [watch video]
- Singer runs for her life as manager asks her to sign contract in a shrine [watch video]