A family of nine have died after a tricycle they were riding collided with a tipper truck in the Goaso area of the Brong Ahafo Region.
The accident was said to have happened around 1pm Tuesday on the Twebide – Dadiesoba road. The tipper truck was filled with sand at the time of the accident.
Confirming the deaths, the Brong Ahafo Regional Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Christopher Tawiah said the tricycle was carrying 10 passengers but one person escaped unhurt.
He said the bodies have since been deposited at the Goaso Government Hospital awaiting autopsy.
He noted that following the introduction of the tricycles in recent times, people have resorted to making it their means of transportation and advised against the act.
“The tricycle is not meant for carrying passengers, it’s for goods and maybe the rider,” ASP Tawiah stressed.
- Ama Broni Dies from electric shock while Twerking [email protected]#d on Stage [Watch video]
- Video of men cutting themselves with cutlass without bleeding causes stir on social media
- Sad video of opposition leader Bobi Wine’s wife stripped [email protected]#d and beaten by Ugandan police ahead of election
- Sakawa boys fight hawkers at Kasoa toll booth for killing snake that crawled out of their Benz car [watch video]
- Singer runs for her life as manager asks her to sign contract in a shrine [watch video]