36 year old HIV positive South African singer, Koyo Bala, lost his two year battle with anal cancer yesterday March 7th. Bala was part of a pop gay trio known as 3Sum who were known in the South African entertainment industry as activists for gay rights.
Bala returned to Cape Town from Johannesburg on Sunday March 6th, complained of having serious pains. He was taken to the Groote Schuur hospital that same day but died the following morning.
In 2011‚ Bala disclosed that he was HIV-positive. In 2014 he was diagnosed with anal cancer.
His last tweet about his illness was in February reads:
“I pray 2 God everyday 2 help me pass this cancer #itshard #pains #wontgiveup #canwinthisbattle #cantsleepofpains”. May his soul rest in peace, Amen
- Ama Broni Dies from electric shock while Twerking [email protected]#d on Stage [Watch video]
- Video of men cutting themselves with cutlass without bleeding causes stir on social media
- Sad video of opposition leader Bobi Wine’s wife stripped [email protected]#d and beaten by Ugandan police ahead of election
- Sakawa boys fight hawkers at Kasoa toll booth for killing snake that crawled out of their Benz car [watch video]
- Singer runs for her life as manager asks her to sign contract in a shrine [watch video]